WHEN ARE YOU READY TO MARRY? (Pt. 1) FIND OUT THE SIGNS FOR READINESS

The “I know who I am” singer and an internationally award-winning gospel artist and senior worship leader at Believers Loveworld, Sinach, was once asked in an interview what was it like for her when waiting for her Mr. Right. What she really replied will make you think again on the purpose of singleness and readiness for marriage.

But before I drop her replies, I will like to give you a backdrop to what you are about to read from one of my upcoming story, One Night in Paradise, that details the experiences and trials of a beautiful Christian lady waiting for her Mr. Right. See what my character, Mayowa, openly confessed to her Pastor:

“Pastor, I have been a good Christian girl, faithfully serving the Lord since my childhood.” She began to cry. “But what do I have to show for it? I was not a ‘runs’ girl in the university who changes boyfriend every new semester, going to night club or using what I have to get good grades. And all through those years, my life was much predictable, like the sides of a square; class-fellowship-library-hostel. I have kept my virginity even as an adult but why is God withholding a husband from me? Wasn’t it enough for Him to take away the stages from me?”

Now back to our topic. So the beautiful bright eyed moderator calmly asked Minister Sinach who was wearing a rich flowing gown adorned with flowering patterns: “what was it like for you waiting for Mr. Right…was it challenging to you…?”

Sinach: To tell you the truth, I wasn’t actually waiting…because I thought to myself, if I’m going to be single, that’s ok.

Then she added:

1). You must come to the place that you are content being unmarried, and then, you can find a man that has the same purpose.
    
2). But if you are not content being unmarried, then it’s unlikely being content being married.
   
3). Your contentment does not come from being married or unmarried; your fulfilment comes from  fulfilling God’s vision for your life.

Then she summarized this way:
    The key to happiness is being where God has placed you. Because your happiness don’t come from your husband. Your joy, happiness and fulfilment come from the calling God has for your life... fulfilling it.

Watch the full video here:

Now you may want to narrow these views to her ministerial life or to anyone with a calling, but the bottom line is clear and exactly what Mrs. Faith Oyedepo once said:

Don’t make the search of your relationship (your marriage) the centre of your life; rather, concentrate on activities that will boost your self worth and image.

Go about pursuing a meaningful purpose and the right Mr. Or Miss will meet you there someday.

Thank you for reading, subscribe to follow up on part two. Do you have a question or comment? Let's have it on the comment section. Do well to share the post.

You might want to read:




Comments

  1. Thanks sir for this inspiring piece.
    Most tyms we wait for our Mr Right, without building up ourselves for d Mr Right.
    Some of the ladies ties their whole life around marriage. Some are like the five virgins without extra oil. Waiting for the groom without be prepared.
    Some are beautified without the right character.
    Rush into marriage then rush out with divorce.
    But we just don't necessarily need to sit ND wait for the right person. But to discover our purpose, define our purpose nd God will connect us to the Mr/Miss right. Probably out Mr Right can just locate us through our purpose Discovery.
    Thanks alot Mr Ugochukwu for this wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHY YOU MAY FOREVER REMAIN A SINGLE AS A LADY IF YOU DON'T DO THIS.

THE 72 HOURS.